Independent Consultant to the District for Design, Construction, and Completion of a new Elementary School for Rankin ISD.
This project will be a minimum 16-month project. All potential candidates need to send their credentials to: email@example.com.
Selected Candidates will be interviewed on June 24, 2019.
Pay: based on experience and the total price of the project
Total Cost of Project: $15 to $19 million
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Coordinate and oversee construction projects for the District.
2. Serve as liaison to architects, engineers and consultants to develop, review, and finalize project plans, drawings, schematics, and specifications.
3. Consult with city, county, state, and federal officials to ensure conformity with codes and ordinances regulating District construction projects.
4. Conduct on-site inspection of construction projects to ensure conformance with construction documents, programs, and needs.
5. Consult with faculty, administrative staff, and community concerning program preparation and design needs.
6. Inspect existing facilities and make recommendations for improvements as needed
7. Establish and recommend priorities for repair projects.
8. Develop and maintain construction progress schedules.
9. Coordinate and conduct project development and construction progress meetings.
10. Expedite documentation and completion of punch-list items.
11. Coordinate transition of building operation from general contractor to District upon acceptance of a facility.
12. Supervise warranty correction work. Policy, Reports, and Law
13. Complete periodic reports of construction project progress and make presentations to the board.
14. Review and approve requests for payment from contractor(s) and designer(s).
15. Ensure that programs are cost-effective and funds are managed wisely.
16. Compile budget and cost estimates based on documented needs.
17. Maintain safety standards in conformance with federal, state, and insurance regulations.