RANKIN ISD & MCCAMEY ISD CLOSED INDEFINITELY
Given the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19, RANKIN ISD AND MCCAMEY ISD will extend the suspension of normal district operations
INDEFINITELY in an effort to support our nation’s need to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. Our health officials report that cases are continuing to spread in the state, and the possibility of confirmed case(s) in our county seem(s) likely. Suspending operations will allow us to determine, in coordination with local health officials, whether the virus is in our county or surrounding counties.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have outlined the need for all communities to implement a social distancing protocol. We want to reiterate a request to our broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
· All indoor school facilities are closed to the public
· Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded placed and maintaining 3 to 6 ft of distance between people (at least an arm’s length)
· If you are moving around in the community, don’t congregate in groups more than 10 or more people.
· If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice . Do not go to the local hospital.
· All current school services will continue as planned.
This is a quickly changing situation, and we will continue to monitor information, will assess conditions throughout the week, and will provide the next update next week via our website and email.
Thank you for your support and cooperation as we ensure that all members of the community in McCamey and Rankin stay safe and healthy.
Samuel Wyatt—Rankin ISD Superintendent
Ronnie Golson—McCamey ISD Superintendent